Last summer I started the Charlotte chapter of the Modern Quilt Guild, and we have 30 great members. This is what I love about our guild:
- The people: they are all so nice, enthusiastic, encouraging and fun.
- The love: they all dig modern quilting and embrace everyone's interpretations.
- The talent: boy is there some talent in this group!
- The diversity: we have all ages and all skill levels.
- The fun: we are a relaxed, informal group.
Last Thursday night we had our Kona Solids Challenge Reveal at a local cafe. We sipped wine and coffee and nibbled snacks as we had a chance to chat and visit before we had the reveal.
This is my Kona Challenge Quilt.
Looks familiar, right? (The tutorial for this block is HERE.)
I love the way it turned out- feels modern and fresh to me.
It's 22.5" x 29," and I think it might become a wall hanging in my sewing room or else I'll let my daughter use it as a doll quilt.
The other Kona Challenge quilts were so creative and diverse. You can see them all in our CLT MQG Flickr group.
Such a great group of ladies! I am looking forward to lots more CLT MQG fun in the new year. If you're in the Charlotte area, we'd love for you to join us!
If you have a Modern Quilt Guild in your area, you should check it out. If not, why not start your own?